Pruning is the most common tree maintenance procedure for urban trees. Landscape trees usually require pruning to remove dead branches, improve the trees structure, and maintain safety. Improper pruning can cause damage that will affect the future health and structure of the tree.
REASONS FOR PRUNING TREES:
- Remove dead, diseased, and damaged branches
- Remove crowded or crossing limbs to increase safety
- To reduce wind resistance (allowing wind to blow through the tree) increasing safety
- To increase light and air penetration to the inside of the crown of the tree and plantings underneath
- To maintain the shape/structure of the tree